Strada’s cross-disciplinary approach to design is immersive, human-centric, and diverse. We actively leverage the expertise and talents from the variety of disciplines within our three studios to achieve exceptional results for our clients. We look for individuals who are talented and passionate about their work, and we help you cultivate your talents as part of our team.
Strada is seeking a licensed architect to join our Triangle Studio in Chapel Hill, NC. We seek designers with a strong and matured design capability interested in sharing their talent with others at Strada. We value the unique talents, interests, and passions of our team members, as they contribute to the enrichment of our culture. We would be delighted to learn about your other life interests, hobbies, and talents.
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams and consultants
- Manage projects, including client interaction, project design, and team collaboration
- Mentor team members and assist in project detailing and construction
- Effectively lead design in a collaborative team environment
- Proactively maintain and prioritize deadlines
- Present design ideas and concepts to clients
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong design sensitivity
- Good judgment skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Experience at managing diverse teams of professionals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A command of construction administration services
- A working knowledge of liabilities, risks, and responsibilities
- A facility for working in digital design software
- Must be licensed to practice architecture within the United States
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a design firm
- Experience with a variety of construction delivery methods is a plus
- Sustainability design experience and/or certifications is a plus
WE SUPPORT YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Your path to licensure is an integral part of our firm’s culture; we provide:
- AXP support and mentoring
- Paid study materials and licensing exams
- Paid time off to take exams
- Internal educational seminars
- Access to a wide range of technical expertise including historic preservation, sustainability, landscape, interiors, urban planning, graphic design, and exhibit design
- Opportunity for a comprehensive experience
Strada is a place unlike any other. It is a place where you will solve diverse, complex challenges alongside thoughtful and talented individuals who lead with curiosity and empathy. We work hard, and we intentionally craft moments that help our team to pause, create, and connect. We respect work-life balance, promote design engagement, and encourage you to follow your passions.
We provide excellent benefits, salaries, and profit-sharing, in addition to a collaborative work environment that’s both challenging and fun.
To apply, please follow the application instructions on our careers page. All applications are confidential.