Strada Architecture LLC is a growing multidisciplinary design practice with offices in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Strada is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative individual to join our team in Pittsburgh as the firm’s controller. This person should be a self-motivated, proactive problem solver whose primary role is the performance of day-to-day financial and accounting responsibilities and providing the firm Leadership with strategic financial management and tax planning advice.
- Assist the partners in developing the firm’s budgets and forecasts; produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Create and analyze monthly reports to assist project leaders in managing the staffing and profitability of projects.
- Work closely with the business management principal to manage cash flow and cash projections including payables, receivables/collection, and purchasing budget.
- Understand the financial requirements of each contract/project, including the participation of consultants and other parties.
- Manage monthly project invoicing by phase, cost and time.
- Monitor and bill reimbursable expenses and consultant billings according to client agreements.
- Develop a close working relationship with banking and financial service partners and outside accounting tax firm.
- Build relationships with long-term and priority clients to ensure regular payment of fees and expenses.
- Assist Business Management Principal and Partners in understanding historical and current financial information, reporting and tax consequences.
- Assist the Contracts Principal in ensuring project contracts are in place.
- Apply expenses to project accounting records.
- Create and implement cost control measures for reimbursable expenses.
- Support HR Director in the financial aspect of payroll and benefits.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a Certified Public Accountant designation, licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or capable of obtaining a license in Pennsylvania.
- 15-20 years’ experience in the financial management and administration of a professional services firm.
- A broad understanding of computerized accounting and reporting systems and an understanding of business analytics.
Strada offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to a collaborative work environment that’s both challenging and fun.
*All inquiries, resumes and cover letters should be emailed directly to Lisa Polar, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Careers page.